Articles of Incorporation
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF MINNESOTA FRISBEE ASSOCIATION
The undersigned incorporator is a person 18 years of age or older and adopts the following articles of incorporation to form a nonprofit corporation (Minnesota Chapter 317A).
ARTICLE I — NAME
The name of this nonprofit corporation shall be Minnesota Frisbee Association, otherwise known as MFA.
ARTICLE II — REGISTERED OFFICE ADDRESS
The place in Minnesota where the principal office of the MFA is to be located in the office of the elected treasurer, presently at 5045 Overlook Circle, Bloomington, MN 55437.
ARTICLE III — PURPOSE
This corporation is organized exclusively for charitable educational purposes as specified in Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The purpose of the Minnesota Frisbee Association is:
- To promote the development of flying disc activities through organization, cooperation and competition.
- To educate its members on the art of throwing and catching a flying disc.
- To establish and maintain high standards for all recreational competitive flying disc activities.
- To provide information on local, national and international flying disc activities through its newsletter the FLOATER.
- To organize and coordinate the efforts of member volunteers.
- To increase the quality and quantity of flying disc activities and recreational sites available for the citizens of Minnesota.
ARTICLE IV — EXEMPTION REQUIREMENTS
At all times, the following shall operate as conditions restricting the operations and activities of the Minnesota Frisbee Association:
- No part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purpose set forth in the purpose clause (Article III).
- No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall constitute the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, or any initiative or referendum before the public, and the corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including by publication or distribution of statements), any political campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for public office.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions of this document, the Minnesota Frisbee Association shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on by an organization exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding section of any future tax code, or by an organization, contributions to which are deductible under section 170(c)2 of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future tax code.
ARTICLE V — MEMBERSHIP/BOARD OF DIRECTORS
This corporation shall have members. The eligibility, rights and obligations of the members will be determined in the Minnesota Frisbee Association bylaws.
The management of the affairs of the corporation shall be vested in a board of directors, as defined by the corporation’s bylaws. No director shall have any right, title or interest in or to any property of the corporation.
Members of the initial board of directors shall serve until the first annual meeting, at which their successors will be duly elected and qualified, or removed as provided in the bylaws.
Any action required or permitted to be taken at a meeting of the board of directors may be taken by written action signed by a quorum of board members that would be required to take the same action at a meeting of the board at which all board members were present.
ARTICLE VI — PERSONAL LIABILITY
No member, officer or director of the Minnesota Frisbee Association shall be personally liable for the debts or obligations of this corporation of any nature whatsoever, nor shall any of the property of the members, officers or directors be subject to the payment of the debts or obligations of this corporation.
ARTICLE VII — DURATION/DISSOLUTION
The duration of the corporate existence shall be perpetual until dissolution.
Upon the dissolution of the corporation, assets of the corporation shall be distributed for one more exempt purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose.
ARTICLE VIII — INCORPORATORS
In witness thereof, we, the undersigned, have hereunto subscribed my name for the purpose of forming the corporation under the laws of the State of Minnesota and certify I have executed these Articles of Incorporation this 14th day of March, 2021.
Incorporator name: Timothy Engstrom
Incorporator Position: Treasurer
Incorporator Address: 5045 Overlook Circle, Bloomington, MN 55437
Incorporator signature: (To be signed upon approval by MFA general membership)